A Surprise To My Mother

8:04:00 PM


12/31/2014
11:58 PM.

Somebody yelled from outside, "2 more minutes are left for a new year...yeah...f*ck off you bitch, 2014!"
I put the beer cane on the table and immediately rushed to my phone.

"Dear phone! Where are you?
Don't you want me to do this?
Show me your moth*rf**ing face, please!"
I got it, I got it...hell yes!"

I just opened the contact-list and started searching a name...oh! here it is.
Damn satisfied, I was holding the phone tightly and was eagerly waiting for both the needles of watch to make love.

01/01/2015
00:00 AM.

Dialed the number...0522-2****00

"Pick up the phone, please, pick up the phone. I hope you haven't slept."
Finally the phone was picked up at the 3rd ring (yes, I was counting. :P )
Me: "Happy birthday maa!"
She: "Thank you beta, happy new year too. I hope you will achieve that one thing soon."
Me: "Yes, I will maa!"
She: "Enjoying with friends?"
Me: "Leave it maa, you are still awake?"
She: "Yes, it's my birthday shouldn't I?"
Me: "Nothing like that maa. You were waiting for my call, right?"
She: "Yes, I was. After all, in last 22 years, it's the first time you are not at home  b'day. Missing you badly."
Me: "Missing you too, maa."
She: "You were about to come to home, but you didn't. Is there any problem?"
Me: "No maa, not at all. Just a busy schedule and this office work."
She: "OK, no problem. So, what are you going to do tomorrow? Any plans?"
Me: "Don't know, let's see."
She: "At least go outside and have some delicious food."
Me: "OK maa, I will. OK have to go, somebody's calling."
She: "OK, take care and enjoy."
Me: "Sure maa, happy birthday to you again maa. May I get you as my mother in all my lives, if I have any?"
She: "Haha, OK bye."
Me: "Bye maa, good night."
(I disconnected the call)



01/01/2015
11:25 AM.

It was raining heavily but somehow I managed to travel to home.
I rang the door bell.
My little sister came out to open the door.

She: "Oh my god! Bro, you?"
Me: "Shouldn't I? After all, it's my master's birthday."
She: "I just can't believe this. Maa, look who is here?"
Me: "Let me get in at least."
She: "You should tell us, right?"
Me: "Probably yes, but that won't make her surprised and happy at the same time."

(Mother comes out)
She: "You? Wow! I knew you would come."
Me: "Happy birthday maa."
She hugged me so tightly. A tear drop from her eyes rolled out on my shoulder.

What a perfect way to start a new year, isn't it??

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is fantastic... your usage of words is really appreciable. One phrase I really liked "both needles of watch to make love", great use of metaphor...Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

MOST LOVED POSTS OF ALL TIME

TOTAL HITS

FOLLOW ME

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs
IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community IndiChange - Harnessing the collective power of blogging to fight evil.